Friday 23 September 2011

September Update


Well, it has been awhile and over the past two weeks I have gotten into the swing of things here in Leeds as the school and soccer program have kicked into full gear. We now have class and training regularly and all of the other students have fully moved into campus and they start their classes this upcoming Monday. My classes are going along well and in a month time I will taking my midterms and be on my October Break. I started a job as a bartender this past Wednesday at a local pub (called The Three Horseshoes) right off of campus working a few days a week. This will be a great experience for me working in a different country, earning a few extra dollars, and learning some new skills, as I have never done this job before. As well, it will fill up some of the extra free time I have and keep me busy-just the way I like it. As soccer goes, the past two weeks we produced two big wins, 6-2 in league play against the fourth place team which was a great outcome for us, and then 5-2 in a Cup Match and 14-1 in a league play (but we played a second division team). So it is good to be back on good form, winning matches and climbing back up the league table as we sit at 5th place in the league. Everything has been running smoothly and we are starting to get on a regular schedule. Starting next week, we are able to train at the college campus, as the new turf fields have been created-so no more having to ride to practice in a van! A week and a half ago, about 15 of us went to see the England U21 team play against the Israel U21 team at Barnsley’s home pitch for an International friendly game. The atmosphere was great and it was exciting as it was the first match I had ever seen in the UK live. England ended up winning 4-1 and below are pictures from the event.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home