Saturday 3 September 2011

First Showcase Match and Boat Party


September 4, 2011
Wow this past week has been an exciting week and tomorrow classes start and I am excited for them to begin. Last Saturday we had a league game we lost and on Sunday we had our first showcase game against Bradford City reserves and some other players who were on trial there. It was a great game and even though we ended up losing 3-5 it was a great experience and I did enjoy the half I got to play. We played at Valley Parade, their home stadium on a beautiful day, beautiful pitch, and the overall experience was breathtaking and something I will remember forever.  Monday was a Bank Holiday in the UK so the entire day was off, so I did much needed laundry, studied for my final, and rested after the doubleheader from the weekend. Tuesday the first years took the final to the Sports and Society class, I finally got a UK mobile, and practice continued. On Wednesday I almost got a job, but it would be involve me going out of town too much and conflicting with the soccer schedule. On Thursday me and three other students went to London as we were chosen to visit one of the other campuses (in London) and meet other students and attend a Boat Party on the Thames River. So from Thursday through Saturday morning I was in London and all day Friday we went shopping and sightseeing on Oxford Street. The boat trip was nice because it allowed us to meet other students (other students still have not moved in on our campus) and the boat party was pretty much a club on water. Overall it was a fun trip and a good little break from football, but now I am ready to get back into the school and football groove this week!






















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home